I need a break.

I'm ready for vacation. In addition to my sad Tuesday, yesterday I learned one of my clinic patients died.

A 16 day old infant.

Put to sleep on his stomach, on a couch cushion.

We ALWAYS stress with our new moms the importance of putting babies to sleep on a firm mattress, with no pillows, stuffed animals, and just ONE light blanket. But did I say it enough to her? Did I even ask if the baby had his own bed?

I cannot even imagine the pain and sadness this mom is going through.

Weeks like this are a good reminder that this world is a broken place, and make me long for heaven.

Comments

Anonymous said…
how very sad.
Unknown said…
What a difficult situation. I will keep you and the family in my prayers. I can't imagine...

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.