ER fun

One fun thing about ER is that I get to do a lot of procedures. Yesterday, during my 12-hour shift, I got to insert a central line (think BIG, huge IV) into this guy's femoral vein.

Fun, huh?

Then, I also got to do another LP, this time on an adult, and not only did I get plenty of fluid back, I also got what we refer to as a "champagne tap," so called because your technique was so good that you didn't have ANY red cells in the sample. Also so called because whoever you do it with (and I'm NOT talking about the patient) is actually supposed to buy you a bottle of champagne.

I haven't gotten the champagne yet, but my upper level did say he owed me one...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.