Anybody wanna jump?

















You can tell Lucy's thinking about it...


Before....
















After...
















Not bad, eh? I didn't even realize the grass was still so green under there. Raking turns out to be harder work than I remember it as a kid. I have the blisters to prove it. This is after all, the first time I've really had to rake since fifth grade. Back then we had a whole bunch of deciduous trees in our yard, and the raking task was monumental. Then we moved to California, where fall meant temperatures dipping into the 80's, and Sportscenter coming on after dark so it didn't conflict with playing outside time. Then we moved to Colorado, where the first snow usually hit the ground before the first leaf, so raking was sort of inconsequential. In St. Louis I lived in an apartment as people got paid to rake my leaves for me. I guess that in Charleston leaves did fall on our yard, but, well, we didn't rake them. I think its because the leaves actually looked better than what was underneath. But alas, now I'm back to the nice yard/deciduous tree combo, and back to raking.

Comments

Aubrey said…
It's good to see the bunny didn't move.
Rachelle said…
I had to rake the cactus needles up last week, that was annoying. Kids didn't even want to jump into them for some reason.

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.