Sabbath Rest


Today was wonderful. As often as I think about all the things I'm going to enjoy about living somewhere else, there are lots of things about this town that I'm really going to miss. This past week was fairly stressful, with birthdays, and call, and tutoring sessions, and having to work on saturday. Then Jeff and I had a "disagreement" which didn't help. But today God was truly gracious in offering us his Sabbath. First this morning we got to go to church, which was wonderful, and see our dear church friends and sing some good songs. Then we came home, ate some leftover pot roast for lunch, and headed out for the beach.

I guess there are few places where we could live next year where it is feasible to drive to the beach for a relaxing sunday afternoon. With some wedding money, we bought these great beach chairs, and we have a inflatable raft and a boogie board for riding the waves. So we are set. Today the weather was perfect. It was warm, and sunny, but not hot. At the beach, the breeze kept us cool, and the waves were ideal for riding with our raft and boogie board. I got to sit in the sun, read a book, and enjoy the company of my husband. Ahh. And then on the way back, we stopped at Sonic and got a peanut butter fudge sundae. Sabbaths don't get much better than this.

The above photo is from last november, so you might not get the "perfect beach day" feeling from it, but just so everyone knows what "our" beach looks like, I included it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The "Go" Bag