Come back interns...

I took medicine back up call on Thursday night. Sadly, though, all the interns were gone to Columbia, SC to take the ALSO course (stands for advanced life support in obstetrics) so that when deliveries don't go as planned, you'll know what to do.

So it was sort of the opposite of backup call. (Front down call?) Even with just one backup call under my belt, I quickly realized that floor call (when nurses call you with questions) might be the most annoying part of being on call. My pager just kept going off, with nurses needing extra pain medicine for their patients, sleep aids, something for constipation, or to inform me that someone was leaving against medical advice. (All valid and necessary reasons to call, but they really start to add up.)

At least I got to use the nice bed in the upper level call room.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.