Bruschetta Recipe

I thought I'd post my recipe on here, since Hannah asked and maybe others out there want to know.

This recipe is sort of a compilation of several different that I've looked at. And keep in mind that I sort of cook by gut instinct - completely imprecisely, rarely measuring things.
6-7 tomatoes (obviously, you can use less, but with our bounty of tomatoes I wanted to make a big batch.For my batch, I used a bunch of the little ones and maybe 3-4 big ones.)
1 onion
2-3 tsp fresh minced garlic (I like garlic.)
1/2 c. (or so) fresh basil, chopped or torn into small pieces
1/4 c. parmesan cheese (I used a combo of pecorino and parmesan.)
1/4 c. olive oil
2-3 T. balsamic vinegar (I'm guessing here. I just poured some in.)
salt and pepper to taste

Serve with toasted french bread.

And it makes a great dinner. Even for two nights in a row.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.