Aahhh...

I got out of bed this morning at 9:15. Normally by this time I would have gone running, eaten breakfast, seen 6 or 7 patients, written notes, heard a lecture, and started doing the work I needed to do a couple of discharges. This morning, I rolled out of bed, munched on some fruity cheerios (my new favorite cereal) and gradually worked up enough will power to go on a little jog with the dog.

I love weekends off.

Only 5 weeks until the new interns start. (It's not like I'm counting down the days or anything.) And I have just one, single, solitary medicine call left for the year. I still have several OB/peds calls next month, but after Monday there is no more getting up at 4:30 to admit someone who used drugs and then had chest pain. (At least until I'm an upper level.)

It's hard to believe almost a year has gone by since I had my first day as a doctor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.