New Mercies

These last couple of days have, for a variety of reasons, been really tough for me. I've been exhausted, worn-out, and occasionally even tired of being a doctor. This year has been both great and one of the toughest of my life. Intern year definitely stretches you and challenges you a thousand different ways every day, and this week more so than others I have definitely realized that I cannot do it alone. I spent most of yesterday near tears all day after starting the day by being treated like a total peon by one of our consulting doctors. As I was getting to the end of the day, the Lord brought a verse to my mind, "This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." I can't say that I was rejoicing after that, but I can say that it made me feel better.

When I got home from work today around 10:30, and the sun was shining in the bright blue sky, I was reminded of another verse.
From Lamentations 3
22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; [2]
his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”

Thank you, Lord for this new day with its new mercies.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey aubrey...I am going to Boycott your blog until you put me back on your links!!!

-Austin

ps. I posted again yesterday!

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.