Quilt update.

Remember that quilt that I started almost 18 months ago? The one I hoped to finish by Judah's first birthday??

I actually got the top finished this week! The pile of fabric has been mocking me long enough so this weekend I decided that I was going to finish it. I realized tonight that I made it a little too long, so I'm going to take off the bottom row. I'll probably use the extras to make a pillow sham or two to go with it. My goal is to have it totally done by his birthday. We'll see if that happens.... Reading the last post I wrote about this quilt makes me wonder about my math skills. Last time I decided I needed 80 (!!) quilt squares total. I can't, for the life of me, figure out where I got that number. Because I actually needed only 48. Perhaps I should have had someone check over my calculation for how many yards of fabric I needed for the back before I ordered it tonight....

I have just realized that although I like the idea of quilting and like the finished product, they take a longer-term commitment to them that I am normally willing to give. I can only work on it for so long before I want to move on to something else. I like sewing, but even more than the actual sewing, I like the actual finishing of the project even more. And quilting means lots of working on something without actually finishing it.

Pictures will be forthcoming. Now that the end is in sight, hopefully I'll have a little more motivation to work on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The "Go" Bag