I feel like Judah is changing so fast these days that if I don't record what he's doing then I won't remember all the really cute things.
1. Talking! He is really starting to talk a lot more. He has started to do this adorable thing when he wants me to hold him where he will stretch his arms up to me and say, "Me-me". The way he holds his arms open so wide and looks up at me just makes me melt every time. Yesterday when I was making dinner, he followed me around saying "up please" for a while before I figured out that's what he was saying. I have been working to get him to say please, so I feel bad that it took me so long to realize that's what he saying. He is getting new words every day and getting better and better at saying the old ones. I love hearing his sweet little voice.
2. Singing! He really loves listening to singing and I'm trying to sing more kid songs around the house with him. "The wheels on the bus" is a favorite, especially because it involves hand motions. He also does this cute thing where he'll open the hymnal we have at home and "sing" along as he turns the pages.
3. He has really gotten into giving hugs and kisses. I normally ask him for a kiss, but today I was holding him say "I Love You" and he just laid one on me. He is also something of a flirt with the ladies; he will tilt his head to the side and give a really big smile to them. It's adorable.
4. He's also at an age where he loves being tossed onto the bed or couch and will also play the game where he throws himself down onto the bed for quite a while. I'm wondering if he's going to be some kind adrenaline junky.
5. We had our first visit to the dentist today, and I'd say Judah did pretty well. He only screamed while he was laying down on the chair with people poking into his mouth, and stopped at soon as I picked him up. I call that success. We got a good report, though I do need to do a better job brushing the front of his bottom teeth. Teeth normally come in pairs as they erupt in the mouth, and Judah seems to be missing one on the bottom, which I had noticed. The dentist wasn't too concerned about it yet, but it is something to watch. He also has a tight frenum - that little piece of skin that connects the top lip to the top gum right in the middle, which I hadn't noticed. Another thing we have to watch because sometimes they have to be clipped.
6. I just borrowed a little potty from Melanie and went to the library to check out some potty training books. I don't think Judah is quite ready to start, since I tried to get him to sit on it today without a diaper on and he flipped out, but I'd like to start in a few months around his birthday. Our library didn't actually have any good potty training books (??!?) so if anyone out there has any advice or book recommendations, I'm all ears.