Lessons from the family reunion.

1. We eat a lot of dessert. Last night at dinner, we cut into a cake that was a perfectly-iced, five-layered thing of beauty. Within 5 minutes, it was nearly demolished, along with cookies, brownies, and cupcakes. Tonight there will be several pies, brownies, and cakes AND no less than 6 flavors of homemade ice cream.

2. The ease with which I cry? Yeah, that's totally genetic. We had sharing time this morning where people were talking about important life events and no kidding, every single person who shared started to cry. (except me!) I had forgotten what an emotional bunch we are. I wonder if anyone has ever researched into what I'll call the "crybaby" gene. They would need to look no further than my family and they'd find it.

3. I read something recently about how Prince William and Princess Kate were at sort of a disadvantage in their  marriage since they don't have very many examples in their families of what a long, healthy marriage looks like. I do not have that problem. I am surrounded by numerous aunts, uncles, great-aunts, great-uncles and cousins who have been married for 50+ years. I am blessed.

Comments

Marian Vischer said…
Yes, yes, and yes for me too. So good to see y'all at the reunion!

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.