Cupcakes

I feel like I'm pretty far behind the times, but in the fall I was on a big cupcake baking kick. Jeff got cupcakes for his birthday, then I made them again for Judah's baptism. I realized that I never actually blogged about the cupcakes I made for the baptism. And since I'm still having a hard time coming up with good things to blog about, I decided you can never blog enough dessert.

First up: Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Frosting.

Now I'm not normally a vanilla-loving girl, but these are not just vanilla cupcakes, they are vanilla bean cupcakes. With vanilla buttercream. And I love that you can make the frosting any color you want, which makes for a more festive party. I'm thinking these might make another appearance at Judah's birthday party.



















Next Up: Chocolate Cupcake with Raspberry Filling and Chocolate Ganache frosting

Chocolate and raspberries. Need I say more? These were so good I am drooling thinking about them. I used a piping bag and actually piped the filling into them before pouring the chocolate ganache on top. So the link is actually a link to a regular layer cake, but I just made them into cupcakes. Even though I love chocolate, I do not always love chocolate cake. I guess it just doesn't always taste chocolately enough for me. This cake did not have that problem. And the combination of the chocolate with the raspberry just put it over the top.


























I've been itching to bake some more cupcakes recently. Anyone with any other good recipes out there?

Comments

Amy Smith said…
I'm SO glad for this vanilla bean recipe! Matthew's sister sent me an amazing bundle of over 20 vanilla beans for Christmas. I've been wanting to make vanilla bean something...so cupcakes, SURE!! We can celebrate...um, spring or something :D

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The "Go" Bag