Shower #4

We had our final shower yesterday - a fun party at the house of a dear family friend.

I'm telling you - our baby has lots of stuff now. I should have taken a photo of the back of our car yesterday. It was stacked up completely with stuff. Jeff couldn't really even see out the back it was so full.

I am again and again reminded of how wonderful it is to be a part of the Church. This baby has been loved and prayed over for a long time - many of the women at this shower prayed for this baby long before we were even pregnant. When we were still in the midst of our struggle. After our miscarriage. When we had our IUI. They prayed for me when I was in high school, when I was in medical school, for much of my life. I was just overwhelmed yesterday with how much this baby is already loved. Knowing how they will continue to pray for our wee one even after he or she is born is incredibly encouraging. I know parenting is not easy, that it will be probably the hardest thing I've ever done, but knowing how many people already love this baby (and who love Jeff and me) makes me feel a lot of peace.

I can't wait until they all get to meet this little one.

Comments

co mom said…
what a wonderful testimony to all your friends

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.