The Blind Side.

Jeff and I went to the movies tonight.

We rarely go to the movies, mostly because Jeff doesn't really enjoy them the way I do. I have to really talk up a movie for Jeff to want to go. Thankfully, we've seen enough Pixar movies that it doesn't take much convincing to get him to go see those. Hence, the last time we saw a movie it was to see Up.

I had read a good review about The Blind Side (and another one about Michael Oher) in World magazine, and was looking forward to seeing it on the big screen. With a little convincing, Jeff agreed to take me tonight.

We LOVED the movie. It was great. Jeff even enjoyed it. It was uplifting, funny, moving, and free of objectionable content. This is the kind of movie I can get excited about seeing. And the best part is that it's based on a true story, about a family who loves the Lord and looks out for the orphan put in their path. Of course, it's not framed exactly that way in the movie, since the director of the film, and the author of the book it's based on, aren't believers. Still, it's a wonderful movie that you walk out of with a good feeling inside.

Of course, it helped that the adorable former coach of my alma mater makes a cameo. And this on a very, very happy day for Gamecock fans everywhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The "Go" Bag