A belated thank you.

My senior year of college I had to take this computer science class. It was a prerequisite for the program I was in. I hated it. I felt like it was a complete waste of time. I skipped it as often as I could - which wasn't too hard, since all the material for the class was on a CD they handed out at the beginning. Mostly, I think it annoyed me to have to take this class I was uninterested in, when there were lots of other interesting classes out there I could have taken instead.

We learned about html, and had to make a little web page. Again, this felt like a complete waste - what would I ever need this information for? I certainly didn't foresee ever having some sort of personal web page I'd be updating.

I have to admit - although I'm no expert, I still remember enough to personalize my own blog by changing the html. And now I'm doing some work on Jeff's other blog, which is still ongoing. I think we're going to get there. A little knowledge of html ended up being something that was actually useful.

Maybe those college bureaucrats in charge of curriculum foresaw something I didn't.....

So thank you, Mr. Professor of the computer science class I rarely went to, whose name I don't even remember. I guess I got something out of your class after all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.