Thou shalt not move the ancient green electrical access box.

I've noticed an interesting phenomenon. Every summer, as I go out to mow the lawn, I notice that my neighbors have mowed their own lawns, plus they have generously also mowed about two or three feet of my lawn. I always squint my eyes in their general direction, and suspiciously wonder if they have truly done this out of good natured benevolence, or if they are trying to subtly claim the extra bit of yard as belonging to them. However, when its 99 degrees out, I quickly unsquint my eyes, and give thanks that I have a bit less yard to mow.

Strangely however, this phenomenon does not carry over into fall leaf raking season. Every fall, as the beautifully colored leaves begin to descend, as if magically, I gain the lost edges of my yard back. A laser-straight line can be perceived, separating the pristine leafless expanses of my neighbors yards, from the ankle deep leafing fields of my own. And this line never fails to perfectly straddle the division between the two water access panels on the one side, and the edge of the green electrical box on the other.

No doubt it was leaf-related disputes like these that led to the law in Deuteronomy 19:14:
You shall not move your neighbor's landmark, which the men of old have set, in the inheritance that you will hold in the land that the Lord your God is giving you to possess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.