Disjointed post.

I've been doing a bunch of sewing over the last two days - trying to finish a bunch of things and actually get caught up or maybe even a little ahead (!) on projects. After I got pregnant, I just didn't have it in me to sew for a long while - the fatigue combined with nausea just prevented me from doing it. It's nice to be back in the saddle. Or sewing room chair, as it were. With all the crafting going on, I haven't had much time to think about a coherent post. Here are some of the things floating around in my head.

1. I wore this shirt to work today, and I think it makes me look more pregnant than I really am since I got numerous comments today asking me when the baby is due. It's actually kind of nice. Yesterday, on the other hand, I wore a non-maternity shirt (obviously cut fairly loose) and one of my patients was really surprised that I was pregnant, and said that I wasn't really showing. (Trust me. I'm showing.)

2. The funniest thing anyone has said to me asking about being pregnant came at the urology office last week, where I'm currently rotating. (Incidentally, I was wearing the same shirt I am today.) An older black man, he looked me up and down with a twinkle in his eye and said, "How long you been in trouble?"

3. Speaking of the urology office.... it is a rather interesting place to rotate. Let's just say that patients have very interesting euphemisms to describe their various urological problems, and talk to their urologist about some interesting topics that I don't hear about much. Since I'm trying to keep this blog family friendly, I'll leave it up to your imagination.

4. We think Jeff felt the baby move yesterday. Hopefully more of that to come.

5. For the first time in a long time, I'm going to a baby shower tonight and am actually excited about it.

6. If old wives' tales are to be believed, our baby is going to have a LOT of hair. Even with medication, this heart burn is something else.

Comments

Melanie said…
WE. NEED. PICTURES. if we're going to trust you that you're showing.
CO mom said…
The top is sooooooo cute.

Jeff's phone call was the highlight of our day.
*** your 20 wk ultra sound
and
*** Jeff feeling the baby move!
YEAH!!!!

Have fun at the shower!
Scooper said…
I'm just so tickled for you guys! Glad you're past the nausea and fatigue...it's awful. The fabric is SO cute! A little bit baby, a little bit funky, a little bit modern. Love it. BTW, are you going to tell folks what you're having? And I agree with Melanie, we need pictures!

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.