Lunch food that works for me.

Since I've been bringing my lunch to work lately, I've stumbled on a few essentials that help make my lunch both tasty and healthy.

1. La Banderita low carb whole wheat tortillas. (I got mine at Walmart, in the produce area where they have lots of other tacos and tortillas.) These babies are super soft, unlike many other low carb or whole wheat tortillas. And they are delicious. Most importantly, though, they are only 81 calories per tortilla, with 6 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein. Take some chicken and veggies and avocado and wrap it up in one of these, maybe add a smear of dressing or hummus or a sprinkle of cheese (or nothing)- and it's a delicious and portable item.

2. Homemade hummus or white bean dip. Every day I eat at least a serving of cut up veggies with dip - this dip is also low in fat, high in protein and fiber.

3. Snack cheese to go. Few calories, but high in protein. I love eating these with an apple.

4. Some version of a 100-calorie snack pack, preferably of something chocolate.

A delicious lunch that makes everyone jealous? That works for me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love La Banderita tortillas. They are much more like flour tortillas, but way healthier!
Ken said…
This would be an example of a post that's more geared toward women. (The food sounds awesome but not very filling.)

Jeff, what would YOU consider an acceptable snack?

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.