What I've been doing since I obviously haven't been blogging....

Like I've always said, when I don't have anything to do, I don't get anything done. I am enjoying these several weeks off work by playing with Judah and doing a good bit of yard work while it's not too hot outside.

 If anyone has been to our house or seen a pic of our house from the front, you may have noticed the ENORMOUS shrubs/trees that completely block off our porch. You can see them in the background of this pic of Judah.
Anyway, not that we are anywhere near moving, but I know that those bushes are definitely an eyesore and making the curb appeal of our house much lower. I finally got fed up and decided to do something about it. First, I thought that I'd try to prune them. So I basically cut off all the branches. By the time they were back to a reasonable size, they looked awful and naked, and still were not helping our curb appeal. Today, I decided that we'd be best served by digging them up and planting some new stuff. After breaking a shovel within the first five minutes of work, I managed to get two of them dug up and am about 80% of the way done with the third. Here's what it looks like now:
Already I feel like our house can breath! Hopefully tomorrow we can get all the branches hauled off and pick out some new smaller bushes to plant. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! I'm looking forward to planning a new, nicer bed with several different levels of plants.

If you want to see what the nicer part of our yard looks like, here's the side garden bed that I also worked on yesterday. One of the roses that we planted last year never bloomed so I dug it up and planted a new one. Our irises already bloomed, but I do like how this bed looks...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.