1. I made these salted brown butter rice krispy treats yesterday. They are really, really delicious. You should make them today. In case you don't have enough sugar in the house already. :)
2. I faxed our voter registrations to our local election commission office a month ago. They apparently never got them. I checked online last night to see where to go vote and we are still apparently registered in Charleston. Sigh. I love voting. I feel like a big, irresponsible slacker for not being able to vote today.
3. The last two years I've had to work on Halloween. I realized this weekend that I love being home on Halloween and giving out candy. I love seeing all the costumes - both cute and scary and having a great chance to talk to more of the neighbors that I do on a regular basis. We sat out in the drive way and enjoyed the cool fall air with the dog and the baby, until the candy ran out and we came inside and turned off the porch light.
4. I have officially started the Christmas sewing. I have nearly finished the advent calender I started last Christmas because I wanted to make sure I had it done in time to actually use this year. I have this idea that I'm also going to make a set of Jesse Tree ornaments to use, but in light of the rapidly dwindling time between now and December 1, I'm not sure it's actually going to happen this year. We'll see what other projects get finished....
5. I have a new nephew!! Ian Joseph was born to my older brother and SIL this past friday. It was the best 30th birthday present ever! Even though he arrived one day late, I'm still counting it. He is so adorable with a head full of dark hair and these super chubby cheeks. I can't wait to meet him.
And here he is, holding his big brother Sam's hand.
And with his other big brother, Caleb.