I was feeling inspired on Saturday. Or maybe I was just wanting to procrastinate from cleaning the house. Either way, I whipped up a couple more pairs of pants for Judah, this time in a larger size. I also tried to make the bum area a little more generous to accommodate the cloth diapers. I'm not sure I actually did that part right or if they just fit better since they're a larger size, but either way, I can tell these will be fitting him for a while. I also figured out a better way to sew these to make them actually reversible. The first pants I did are sort of reversible, but I probably wouldn't actually ever use them on the opposite side because of how they're finished. But these are truly reversible. I'll have to get a photo of what the other side looks like. I was also proud of myself because I didn't have quite enough of the lining fabric on either pair, but took a line from Tim Gunn a la Project Runway and "made it work."
The first pair were some USC gamecock pants for him to wear during football season. The reverse is this nice gray (same that I used in his hat.)
And next I used some fabric scraps I got when I ordered cute boy fabric from fabricworm.
I'm just digging this green and orange combo. (From the Riley Blake wheels fabric line.)
As you can see, they're still a bit big, but I'm glad he's got some room to grow. The nice thing about this pattern is that once you've done it once, they really come together quickly.