I see more of Jeff in that first picture than I have in any others ... must be the eyes? Either way, he's precious and he looks so alert! Surely he's pondering something great, like his next scrabble move. Can't wait to get my hands on that sweet boy!
Precious! He's got Aubrey's lips in the second picture...so sweet. Look at the first picture of Aubrey in the next post and then back at this second picture. Amazing! I wish I could hold him and sniff him (don't worry--when you're not dirty, Judah) and feel his peachy skin. But I'm glad y'all get to do all that.
I've been watching in amazement for a few days as the links over here keep growing and growing with people who are hosting giveaways. The last time around I didn't participate, but now that things are slightly more settled in my somewhat crazy but wonderful job I thought I'd make an offering. The softies I make don't quite compare to amazing things you might see here or here , but I still think they are pretty cute. All those who leave comments will be entered to win the homemade softie of their choice, either an owl : (You can pick the colors you'd like, from a list of colors I have.) Or a penguin : Who will come with sunglasses, goggles, and a winter hat. (Because every good penguin should be prepared.) You can also pick (from a limited list) colors for the penguin's hat and glasses. I'll hold the drawing on Monday, since I'll be on call on Sunday, and the post the winner on Tuesday. Feel free to leave in your comment any favorite crafty blogs - ...
First, about 8 weeks ago, we saw this.... Then this: A little bit later there was this: And this: And Last week it was this: I'm now 13 weeks along, due in late March. We feel incredibly blessed, and of course, are very, very excited. (Working at a doctor's office and knowing how to do ultrasounds definitely comes in handy when you want to see your baby... And yes, I have been doing my own ultrasounds. It's a bit awkward, but I'm getting better.)
Aubrey's not the only one learning a few lessons while she's in Texas. Here's a few I've been learning. 1. Aubrey was a good cook when we got married, and she's gotten a lot better since, meanwhile, my cooking skills have deteriorated. Tuesday I messed up a freezer pizza. I forgot to take the pizza off of the cardboard before putting it in the oven. It was not the end of the world, but the crust was soggier than I prefer. 2. My life is more disorganized when Aubrey is gone. Somehow Aubrey's presence has an organizing effect on me. When she's gone I never know quite what I should be doing. 3. When I have unscheduled blocks of time, I tend to be quite ambitious about what I might get done, but quite unproductive in what I actually get done. Sometimes a deadline really hits the spot. 4. I remember liking MacGyver a lot when I was in high school, but now that I'm watching it on DVD, I'm kinda disappointed. He's not as cool as I remember...
Comments
I hope you write a birth story.
So good to hear nursing is going well. --hannah