Eventful weekend

Wow...lots has happened since our last post. We've had a very busy weekend of househunting, but more on that later.

For the 4th year in a row, I completed the Cooper River Bridge Run.

Here are the super speedy Kenyans. I was right up there racing with them, but somehow this picture doesn't show it. :) I guess somehow Jeff just missed getting me in this photo since I was soo fast. (Ok, ok, so there may have been a few dozens (or possibly thousands) of people between me and them.)

So maybe I can't quite compete with the Kenyans, but I did get my best time yet for a 10K. In the four years of medical school (which was really when I started running) I've taken 6 minutes off my time. Although I didn't win my division like last year, I think I did pretty well. Sadly, I went to check my time on the website, and for some reason my timing chip didn't work and so I have no official time. But it was somewhere around 54 minutes, which was my goal.

It's been a long time since I've been as sore as I was yesterday. Watching me hobble down steps and into and out of houses all day was probably an amusing sight. I had to kind of sidle down sideways since stepping directly forward was nearly impossible.

I guess that's just the price I have to pay for my speedy finish. :)

And check back tomorrow for more house hunting news.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.