Cooper River Bridge Run

A life long goal has been realized. I am proud to announce that I won my age division in the Cooper River Bridge Run. Now before you decide to congratulate me for beating thousands of women, I should tell you that yesterday I was running as a 76-year-old woman, Delouris Hollinger. My good friend's grandmother signed up to walk the race, but then realized she couldn't, and graciously gave me her race number to use for free. So I am pleased to know that i am the fastest 76-year-old woman who ran. I am really glad I won, because getting beat by another 76 year old would really have hurt my pride. I'm hoping I won a prize for her to use since I got to use her number for free. I did some research on the results page and found that I did get beat by 4 men in the 70-74 age group, 1 man in the 75-79 age group, as well as an 82 year old man. 82!!! I obviously have some training to do. Maybe next year my goal will be to get beat by any octagenarians, or septagenarians for that matter. I hope when I'm that old, I'll still be with it enough to even enter something like this and not get lost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.