1. Judah has finally gotten over his recent aversion to baths. I'm not sure what triggered it, but a few months ago, he started hating to take baths. Every bath (which I gave him no more than once/week because of the tears) consisted of him screaming the entire time he was in the bath and me trying to finish up as quickly as I could. No amount of enticing him with bath toys would help. While he still hates getting his head wet (maybe the shampoo was hurting his eyes??) we had a very fun time splashing in the water last night.
2. A few of my favorite things that Judah says: "bi-per" (diaper), "bup-pee" (puppy), "mi-mi" (hold me), "olev" (olive), "pease" (please), "off" (off).
3. Smoothies! I got an immersion blender for Christmas and have been putting it to good use. My current favorite combo is grapefruit, strawberry, spinach, a little yogurt and honey.
4. Music. I've been on this big music-listening kick on my iPhone after some time not listening to much except in the car. My current favorites are : NeedToBreathe, Mumford and Sons, The Avett Brothers, The Civil Wars, and JJ Heller.
5. I just finished The Borrower series by Mary Norton. Although I read these in middle school, I think I had never read the last one. It did seem to end abruptly, but these were very fun books, and will be added to my "read aloud to my children" pile that is rapidly growing. I've started another Mary Norton book called Bedknobs and Broomsticks which is turning out to be much better than the movie I remember watching.
6. Having a running buddy again. In Charleston I started running with two girls from church who ended up becoming great friends. We ran together all the time. Then I moved here and no one could be found to run with on a consistent basis. So I got used to running alone again, but never enjoyed it as much as when I had someone to run with. Now my friend Sally and I are running together a lot and training for a 10K, and I'm reminded again why I prefer to run with someone else.