Work....

Monday was supposed to be my first day back to work. But then, I got the wonderful surprise of finding out that I wasn't actually scheduled to be anywhere Monday. (Especially nice since we got back from Tennessee at 11:30pm)

So then today was supposed to be my first day back. I'm currently on a dermatology rotation, which we do in the town of Aiken, SC. So I drove there this morning (it's an hour and a half drive), walked in to the clinic, and then discovered that the dermatologist was on vacation. Oops.

I hear there's an invention called a "telephone" that can occasionally clear up things like this.

I went to clinic instead, hoping to get a few things done before I really go back tomorrow. I'm so thankful that I had this half-day to break me in slowly. Judah did great with Jeff, and for some reason had even decided he only wanted to nurse on one side at two different feeds this morning, allowing me to pump the extra. So we didn't even have to break into my frozen breastmilk stash. Hopefully since I'm here in town all day tomorrow, Jeff can just bring Judah to get his lunch tomorrow, and I'll only miss maybe 1 nursing time with him.

I'm sure I'll have lots more thoughts about going back to work as the weeks continue. Today, it was nice getting out of the house. But it was much nicer to come home, pick up my sweet, sleeping baby, and feel his weight against my chest.

I nursed him and then we napped and snuggled for the rest of the afternoon.

Now that's what I call a productive day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The "Go" Bag