We are all slowly adjusting to our new schedule. Thankfully, Judah seems to be handling it fairly well and has been taking a bottle from daddy just fine.

Yesterday was my first day where I didn't get to see him all day. I missed him and was speeding all the way home so I could hold him and feel his weight snuggled up against me.

So far, the pumping has been going well. In fact, I'm pretty much always able to pump more than he eats while I'm gone. Since I already had a stash of milk in the freezer, I'm actually thinking about talking to our NICU about donating some of my milk, if anyone is interested in it, because otherwise our freezer is going to be overtaken. Thankfully, someone gave me a heads up about these breast milk storage bags, which are very space efficient.

My biggest problem since going back to work is that suddenly, Judah has decided he doesn't want to sleep for 5-6 hours at night anymore, and has gone back to his every three hour feeding. I'm not sure if it's just a temporary growth-spurt related thing or not, but all I know is that it's hard to work all day and then still get up to feed him at 2:30 and again at 6, and then get up and go to work after that. Hopefully he'll start sleeping longer again at night soon.

The other big adjustment for me is that I suddenly don't really have the time to do as much exercising. After I get home from work, I have no desire to ask Jeff to watch Judah for another 45 minutes just so I can go run. Plus when I get home all I want to do is hold him and snuggle him and rest. My current solution to this is that I bought Jillian's 30-Day shred. It's only a 20 minute workout, but it kind of kicks my butt. She mixes weights with cardio and abs. I've only done it 4 days now, so I don't think I'm really seeing much in the way of results, but I like that I can do it while he's napping and when I'm finished I feel like I've done something. Plus it makes me sore, which obviously means I'm using muscles that otherwise just languish. I'll have to keep you all posted about it.


Sarah said…
Kinsey has done the same thing, it lasted about a week or two, and then she went back to the 5 hour feeding at night. Sleep is coming soon!

Popular posts from this blog

New bag

Nursery update #1