Trends

Apparently, people don't like to come to the hospital in bad weather.

Saturday, I was on call for 24 hours, and we only did three admissions. (!!) Considering our average daily admissions are around 10 or 11 (and recently it's been more like 13 or 14), this was awesome. At least for this 33weeks-pregnant lady. There was an "ice storm", consisting mostly of rain that froze on the trees, but I guess that was enough to keep people away. You'd think that the weather shouldn't matter, that sick people come when they are sick. It seems, though, that sometimes people come to the ER because they have nothing better to do, and if you look hard enough you might be able to find something wrong with them that warrants admission. I'm not sure.

Today, was another gray, dreary day. It stayed in the low 40s all day and just drizzled and rained all day. I was on again today for day call, and we only got 1 admission. I think all my other day calls this month we've had at least 3 or 4. It was great. I got to look for more nursery inspiration, help a friend order some fabric, and even take a nap. And I got home before 6pm. Nice.

So my new motto is "Let it snow, rain, hail, or sleet."At least when it means that the hospital stays quiet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.