Our little blog is getting neglected here lately.
I think the biggest reason is that I just can't seem to come up with very many coherent thoughts. Even though I'm off medicine, I'm now doing my last block of pediatrics. It's not nearly as intense as medicine, but still keeps me pretty busy. And throw in a call (last week) and my final moonlighting shift (last night) and I just haven't been able to think about much besides sleeping and trying to keep up with my regular responsibilities at home.
Here are some more random thoughts:
1. The pregnancy waddle? You just can't help it. I swear, I physically try to walk normally, but I just don't. Can't. Oh well.
2. Compression stockings are a blessing. Especially for those of us who are on our feet a lot.
3. A hot bath at the end of the day is sometimes just a glorious thing.
4. I found some fabric that I really like for my diaper bag, but only have a small fat quarter of it and can't figure out the designer. Any ideas for searching for a specific fabric when you don't know what it's called? My best idea is to go back to the store where I got it (located an hour away) and see if they still have it, but I can't do that until this weekend. And I'm getting impatient to get it made, since I know that it's much less likely to get done after the baby comes.
5. I did a little project this weekend, which involved dyeing some onesies and cloth diapers, with the hopes of then embellishing them some more. Yet another little project I'd like to get finished soon. But I'm fairly pleased with the outcome and will post photos as soon as I'm actually done.
6. I'm getting more nervous about the actual giving birth process. The normal contractions that I have are getting slightly more painful, and even though in my head I have this idea that I'd love to do it without an epidural, I'm not sure I'll be able to. I'm reading a book called The Birth Partner right now to help my prepare. Anyone have any other resources for natural childbirth? There really aren't any classes around here, so I can't really do that. How should I prepare myself?
7. Certain Russian figure skaters need to learn how to be more gracious in losing. That's all I'm saying.
I guess that is all my semi-coherent thoughts for the moment. Maybe a photo post later?