Zucchini

We've been trying to get creative about eating our zucchini.

So far, I've made:
zucchini fritters
roasted zucchini
grilled zucchini
chocolate zucchini cupcakes
honey zucchini bread


Last week, I decided I wanted to make some kind of tart, and found this recipe on the web, for a zucchini tart made with a polenta crust. I don't have polenta, nor have I ever eaten it. I'm also a little fuzzy on what exactly it is, except I know it has something to do with corn.

For a southern twist, I substituted grits for the base, making them according to the recipe on the package, and then baking them in the oven. I think I made a little too much and the crust ended up being so thick that it didn't get all crunchy like in the other recipe, and I wish I'd added a little more season to them to make the crust a little more flavorful.

But the recipe was really delicious, and I cooked the zucchini with fresh thyme and sage, and also added caramelized onions for extra flavor. The second day I cooked up some sausage and served the sausage along with the tart - making it decidedly not vegetarian, but definitely more delicious than it had been.


Up next for our adventures in zucchini? Stuffed zucchini. And maybe some zucchini relish. I'll keep you posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.