Nerdy.

Every year, it becomes more and more clear what a big dork I am.

On my call night on Tuesday (one of the worse I've had in a while, but that's another story), I met a very interesting patient.

He came in with a fairly uninteresting problem - back pain - one of my least favorite to deal with. In talking with him, though, he told me he has a very rare genetic disease. It was a genetic disease I've never actually heard of, involving cholesterol metabolism. Just before I was about to leave to finish the paperwork so he could leave, he told that he was the first person diagnosed with the disease.

I could not believe it. The first patient!! I told him he was like a celebrity. He kind of rolled his eyes at me. I looked it up (on google), and sure enough, every site that talks about it mentions that it gets it name from the island where the first case, a five year old boy, and his sister lived. I'm still in awe that I met someone who was the first person diagnosed with this disease.

I told you I'm a dork.

Comments

The Balls said…
that is very cool!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.