Since we are moving in a few short weeks, we are currently in need of moving boxes. On Monday, quite by accident, I discovered the best way to get them.
1. Wait until trash day.
2. Get in your car, or better yet, get in your truck so you have more room.
3. Drive slowly around your city.
4. When you see a trash can, drive even slower to make sure there are no boxes around.
5. Try not to get in any wrecks as you quickly pull over when you see boxes.
6. On your way home, drive by the hospital and notice that they have a HUGE dumpster FULL of boxes, with boxes scattered all around it on the ground.
7. Get as many boxes as will fit into the back of your truck.
8. After your truck is heavy laden, briefly wonder if these boxes from the hospital could possibly contain the kind of germs you don't want to touch, let alone move to another city.
9. Decide that this dumpster is just for boxes like paper boxes, and so therefore of course can't contain germs. Feel immediately better.
10. Repeat next week on trash day.
Seriously - I did get tons of boxes, in all sizes, some perfect for loading up books, other that will be great for larger items. I still haven't even hit up any liquor stores (for boxes, that is). Another good moving tip I plan on trying very soon is to get some boxes from the liquor store with the dividers still inside, and use it to pack up all my crystal and glasses.
If anyone else has good moving tips, feel free to help me out and leave them in the comment section.
For other good tips, go here.