A long-overdue post

It's funny how quickly things can change. Just a few weeks ago, I was posting about how overwhelmed I was, asking for prayer as we make a big decision about the next step in our lives. As I reread the post I just linked to, it doesn't really even convey how scared and worried I was. I was really feeling the stress when I wrote that, though it doesn't exactly sound like that. My true feelings are more aptly portrayed by the hymn I posted that week, especially this verse:

Whate’er my God ordains is right,
Holy His will abideth.
I will be still whate’er He does,
And follow where He guideth.
He is my God,
Though dark my road.
He holds me that I shall not fall
Wherefore to Him I leave it all

Even just a few days after I posted that, from my "dark road", and had talked to people I know asking for prayer, I immediately felt so much better. It's amazing how prayer really works. Sometimes I doubt that my prayers are doing much, because so often the things we ask for God has a timing that is different from our own. But for a few weeks, I was in knots all the time, drowing in worry about our future, Jeff's job, what the right decision would be, afraid that I'd want to go somewhere that Jeff wouldn't, and then what would we do?

But so quickly, (and I know it's because I, and many, many other people, were praying for us), this peace just came over me. I was so surprised by how quickly my whole perspective changed. All those questions I had still had no answers, and we still hadn't decided where we were going, but I guess God helped me to understand and know in my heart that everything was going to be ok. He was in control. I didn't need to worry or doubt, because he was taking care of us, just like he has always done.

Our rank list was due this past wednesday, and we got it turned in. We are both excited about the city that is at the top. (And also the other cities, in case God decides we should go somewhere else.) We can officially annouce where we'll be headed on March 15, also known as Match Day. (If anyone is curious about where we think we'll be going, feel free to call or email. We don't mind talking about it, but decided not to post it here.)

Praise be to the Prince of Peace, who gives us the peace that we ask for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.