Next to me.

Jeff and I went to a wedding this weekend. It was wonderful. My dear friend was, of course, beautiful and radiant, and her groom had a big smile on his face as she walked down the aisle to meet him. They both love Jesus and their wedding was a celebration of his love for us as well as their love for each other.

As I was listening to the vows, I was suddenly overcome with thankfulness for the man God has blessed me with. I thought about all we've been through lately and realized that I could not have managed alone. I love being married when we get to do things that are fun - taking trips, fun dates, sharing the joy of having a baby - this is "for better." I realize that when I really love being married is during the "for worse" - when I am discouraged, grieving, questioning, and sad. Knowing that there is someone else who believes that my struggle is his struggle, my grief is his grief, and who always wants what is best for me makes those "for worse" kind of days so much better.


So thank you, Jeff, for being the one who sits next to me.

Comments

Sue Tell said…
And thank you Jeff for inviting Aubrey into our family. She is a wonderful lady!

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The "Go" Bag