LASEK update, part 2.

I am now just over 1 week out from surgery, and I can say easily that I have enjoyed waking up every day and getting out of bed and being able to immediately see well. It really is a little crazy to me that I haven't needed glasses or contacts at all and am seeing well! I have had to wear contacts to be able to function since I was in 8th or 9th grade, so this is a big change for me. I think I'll enjoy it even more when I'm at the beach in a few weeks and the next time I go water-skiing.

I am definitely still having some dryness (a common side effect), but I'd say my vision is about 95% of what it was with contacts prior to surgery.  My left eye, which was worse before, is still a little worse, but the doctor expects it to catch up within the next few days. They did the laser a slightly different way on that eye which slowed down the healing a little bit. He also said that since every 7 days the cells covering the eye regenerate, that my vision should continue to improve over the next few weeks. My next check up is the first week of August, so it will be interesting to see how my vision is then. At my last visit this past Monday, my right eye was already almost 20/20.

So that's the scoop for now. If anyone has any questions about my experience, just shoot me an email. aubreytell at yahoo dot com!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.