Bounty - Tell Garden '09

Tell garden '09 is getting into full swing. Its a lot different than Tell garden '08 was. Partly because I was smart and planted things differently, partly because I was lazy and got a late start on my tomatoes, and partly because certain things are growing better and certain things worse than last year. Sadly, because of the late start it will be a few more weeks before we enjoy the rich red bounty of homegrown tomatoes. But I do have three new varieties going that we didn't do last year, so it will be worth the wait.

In the meantime, here is tonight's bounty...













the three on the right are cucumbers, a few green beans in the middle (yes, I did try to write our name with the beans), and a whole slew of zucchini. We're having trouble keeping up with the zucchini production. We've already eaten 6 or 7 of them in various preparations, and as you can see, we still have 7 in the kitchen, including this monster...


















Aubrey asked me to take a shot of the zucchini without her in it, because she didn't think she looked cute enough to go on the blog. So naturally, I took her picture. Isn't she cute?

Comments

Unknown said…
Definitely cute. And how fun to have a garden that's producing. I've enjoyed reading your blog; it makes me feel like I know what's going on with y'all even though I haven't seen you in a while. You can check us out if you want: sethmorganfamily.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The "Go" Bag