The other side of the stethoscope.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. I quickly realized that going to the doctor really makes me nervous. And I don't like it. I attribute it to the fact that growing up I barely ever went to the doctor. This makes Jeff wonder where his dislike of the doctor's office comes from.

And don't get me started about the waiting. I actually had an argument with the lady at the office about when my appointment was. I was mailed a card that said it was at 12:45, and that I should come another 20 minutes early to fill out paperwork. Although they mailed me paperwork, which I filled out before I got there. But then they didn't believe that I would have been told the appointment was at that time. Or maybe the time I was given was early so I'd have time to fill out the papers. Except that they mailed me the papers AND told me to come ANOTHER 20 minutes early. It resulted in a lot of thumb twiddling.

And then, when he asked me if I had any questions, I couldn't think of any. Of course as soon as I was back in the car, I actually remembered a bunch of things that I wanted to ask about. Grrr.

I do think it's good to be reminded about what it's like being a patient sometimes. Hopefully, it makes me a better doctor.

And reminds me to apologize when people have been waiting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.