This is unlike any other missions trip I´ve been on:
1. None of the bathrooms I´ve used so far have had any other creatures (bats, frogs, snakes, etc) living in them. I´ve discovered I thoroughly enjoy the clean white porcelain in a well lit bathroom.
2. Yesterday and today when I got back from clinic, someone had MADE MY BED.
3. In addition to the bed-making fairy, there is another one who brings clean towels around and takes away the dirty ones.
4. I have been able to talk to Jeff on the phone twice a day on this very nifty internet phone.
A few highlights:
1. I got to do several joint injections. Anyone who complained about arthritis in a joint, I asked them if they wanted me to inject it. In one lady, I injected both knees and a wrist.
2. I got to do 2 prenatal ultrasounds. It was wonderful. One lady was having a boy, and the other was going to have a girl. They both got to see their unborn children moving and kicking.
3. Treating several older ladies. They were so grateful and very cute with their smiling faces. I love little old ladies. And in Peru, they are even littler.