Crafting update.

I've actually managed to do a bit of sewing/crafting in the last week. At this point, short and straightforward is the way to go. Even though I sort of wanted to do a somewhat elaborate Halloween costume this year, I realized that Judah has enjoyed the yellow hard hat he got from his gramma and likes all things construction/machinery related. So I quickly sewed up this handy little tool belt. We'll put it on with some overalls and a shirt we already have, and he will become a very cute Bob the builder/construction worker. Easy.
Last year I bought a canvas tote to decorate as a trick or treat bag, but never got around to it. I couldn't decide how to decorate it, so I just did two easy things, one on each side.
A few friends and I got together for a very fun craft night a few weeks ago. We made burlap wreaths using this tutorial. Except for the part where I managed to slice my thumb open while cutting open some refreshments (lesson learned: cut away from yourself!), this was very easy. I used an 18-in wreath form and two rolls of burlap from Michael's.It still needs some ribbon or other embellishment, but I can't quite decide what to do.
I also wanted to make a cute fall/halloween shirt for Judah to wear to school tomorrow since they are having a little party. I didn't want something scary or gruesome, just vaguely Halloween-themed. Since I love candy corn, this is what I did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The "Go" Bag