Bad bloggers

We have been bad bloggers. I have been harassing Jeff to post something, but thus far it's no go. Instead of his funny, witty posts, you will now get some random 2 am thoughts:

It's now 2 am and there seems to be little chance I'll ever leave the ER tonight.

I'm learning it is not always easy to be on call with new interns. It would be so much quicker and easier if I just did it myself. That, though, would defeat the purpose. Which is what I have to keep telling myself over and over, especially at 2 in the morning, when all I can think about is how I'd really, really like to go lay down. I've never been a patient person, but 2am might be my least patient time of day.

I love the new Gatorade G2. It's not oversweet, but refreshing, especially when it's....you guessed it... 2 in the morning!

I need to take out my contacts.

We had a fairly sick patient earlier. I realize just how much I've learned in that I knew more or less just what to do for him, and could calmly do it. He's now doing much better. Residency is a great place - even though it might not be my favorite at 2 am.

I discharged 2 ER consults straight from the ER to home. Most of you don't know what that means or care. But to us, it's always like a personal victory - making sure people who don't need to stay in the hospital don't get admitted in the first place. Woohoo.

Comments

Ken said…
You have not been bad bloggers, we've been bad commenters.

Although Jeff is an interesting case. He pastorally led me back into blogging after I had backslid, yet I notice that you have to dig pretty deep to find a Jeff post here.

New name options: "Pilgrim at Oak Ridge" or "All Things Aubrey."
Banana said…
After you recover from your 2am shift, perhaps you have some pictures to share from your Tour de Nephews and Niece? It wouldn't be witty and clever (unless you quoted said Ns & N) but it would be visually pleasing and just darn cute! --Hannah

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The "Go" Bag