Sick doctor

I hate being sick. I was expecting that I'd get sick a lot this year, especially since I spent October and December on pediatrics, seeing all manor of crusty-nosed kids with vomiting and diarrhea. Thankfully, though, I really haven't been sick at all this year, except for one bad call night back in December with a 24-hr GI bug. The only thing worse than being sick is being sick on call.

Now I've got some kind of nasty head cold that is just making me feel like crap. It's easy to forget why everyone comes to the doctor when they feel like this. But now I can remember.

A little empathy is a good thing, I guess.

Comments

Melanie said…
Andrew and Sam are both sick, too ... who was spreading germs last weekend without us knowing about it?
You are prob immune to most of thise peds viruses. I remember being sick on medicine service and asking DS for some phenergan. Proud I never called in sick though. It sucks - hope you feel better soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The "Go" Bag