Menu planning: a review

My first two weeks of menu planning went great. There are lots of benefits to this whole "meal planning" thing. One is that it is nice to not have to worry about what to make for dinner, since I already know. Also I've planned ahead well enough to make some good meals. Another benefit is that I love hospitality and want to open my home more to others. It is a lot easier to invite people over when I actually know what I'm having for dinner that night before 6:30pm. And with the new interns starting orientation tomorrow, I can definitely try to serve them by inviting them over as much as possible during the busy and long months of intern year.

I did realize, though, that Jeff and I always have lots of leftovers and so I need to plan at least one night each week to eat leftovers. Since I didn't do that this last week, I had some meals planned that we didn't eat. They'll just get plugged in this week.

Monday: Jeff's veggie sandwiches
Tuesday: CALL, eat at hospital
Wednesday: BBQ sandwiches with carrots
Thursday: Chicken parmigiana with salad
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: CALL, eat at hospital
Sunday: Grilled marinated chicken with brussel sprouts (which I've never cooked - any good recipes?)

I did finish my little meal planner, but I haven't yet figured out how to post it on the blog. I'll try to research this week. Or if you want me to send you the word file, just leave a comment with your email address.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.