Praise God for Small Mercies

Due a freakishly light day call yesterday (I only admitted ONE patient and I admitted her to another physician) this morning I started my day with only TWO patients. Upon my arrival at the hospital, I promptly discharged one of them - he's from a nursing home and if you want to get them back there you gotta get 'em out early and definitely before the weekend. He was actually doing quite well and ready to go, so I got him sent back. My second patient is pretty stable and MAYBE could have gone back today, but he sort of still had some issues, so I thought he should stay a little longer. (As another nursing home patient, he'll be here until Monday.) My very gracious upper level, when he realized I wasn't on call or in clinic, told me I could leave early! So I got to come home around 2:30!

And what did I do with my time off?? Promptly fell asleep on the couch.

Now I'm ready for some fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.