Birthday weekend!!

On Saturday, I turned 26 years old. I think this was one of the best birthday celebrations I've had in a long time. First of all, Jeff and I drove up to the best lake house ever to visit with some friends from seminary and hang out in the mountains of SC. Saturday morning, we got up and hiked up to this beautiful waterfall, came back, played pool, hung out, and I got to take a bath in this huge bathtub. On saturday night, we had a little birthday celebration with everyone. Mom and Dad came over, and my mom brought my favorite kind of cake, called Texas Sheet Cake. (The frosting tastes like fudge. Yum.)

And the best part of all were the presents!! I got such great presents. Kim, with some help from her mom, made me these beautiful placemats that I can use with both my everyday and fine chinas. I don't think the pictures really do justice to them.
Kristin made me this cute little pouch that had some body scrub and body butter in it. They smell great. The other side of the pouch has an "A" on it.

Mom and Dad got me my own sewing machine!! It is really nice. I have lots of different stitch options that I can use by just pushing a button. Here it is in all its glory.

I already made my first project with it, a Christmas tree skirt I started after last Christmas. I'm really pleased with how it came out and with how well the sewing machine worked. I'm trying to decide if I should decorate the outer border with something, like one of the prophecies about Jesus, or if I should applique some kind of shape out there.....If anyone has any good ideas, please let me know.
And my dear, sweet husband Jeff. He got me tickets to one of my favorite NPR shows, called Says You. It's all about words and puns, and they are going to be in Charleston in a few weeks. They are going to be recording the show in this really old theater here in town, called the Dock Street Theater. I have been wanting to go to a show there, because it is historic and a Charleston landmark. Now I can see my favorite show in this beautiful theater. It was the perfect present. :)

The weather on Saturday was perfect and the leaves were turning, so we got some great fall pictures. We'll post more of those later.

I really like birthdays.

Comments

Ken said…
Way to go, Jeff, on a cool birthday present! Says You sounds like a good show - I've never heard it, I'll have to look it up.

And the lake house. I think I know the lake of which you speak...

With a birthday like this, you are now free to celebrate Christmas with no concern about what presents you get.

Ken

PS: Happy Belated Birthday! When is/was Jeff's?

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.