on call

Today I am doing what is known in medical circles as being "on call." This means I stay at the hospital all night, sleep in a rickety bunk bed waiting for my pager to go off, and examine any kid who is going to be admitted. As a third year med student, sometimes being on call just means that you go home later than usual if your resident is nice and tells you to leave. But, alas, I think tonight I am actually going to have to stay here all night. I do not get the feeling my resident will tell me to go home. So no nice warm comfy bed that contains 2 very squishy pillows and a nice handsome husband. :(
Supposedly there are four kids that we know of now who are going to be admitted. So maybe I will learn something. Until then, I am trying to find ways to fill this afternoon. On the bright side, I will actually get to eat hospital breakfast tomorrow morning. Which really is a treat. Biscuits - Yum!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Aubrey

This is fun. but I bet those biscuits aren't as good as your dad's. Sleep well.

Love, mom
Anonymous said…
Did you get this idea from Sunday conversation with ....?

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The "Go" Bag