Fourth Year

Well...I am officially feeling overwhelmed. I just came home from a meeting about setting up my fourth year schedule. There is so much to think about. First of all, I have to come to final decision on what I want to do with the rest of my life. And for someone as indecisive as I am, that will be hard. It is just to hard for me to close doors. I like them to be open. Then, I have to figure out what electives I want to take, when I'm going to take them, choose what to do for my required courses, and decide about trying to do an away rotation. As for electives, there are so many choices!! And again, I do not like to close doors. Especially when there are so many great options. I could do rotations anywhere in this state at community hospitals or with private physicians that are easy to set up. I can also do rotations at any other medical school in the country, or at other hospitals where there are residency programs. Ideally, it would be great to go ahead and try to do a rotation somewhere where I might want to match (i.e. - where I might want to try and do my residency) but since Jeff and I really don't have a clue yet where he might be able to get a job, I just don't know if that will be worth it. I also need to decide about trying to do an international rotation. I really would love to go to a spanish speaking country and work in a clinic, but that would mean time very far away from Jeff. Aaahhh! Too much to think about. I guess it doesn't help that I am really loving my pediatrics rotation (which I figured I would), and so now I'm wondering if maybe I should do pediatrics and not family medicine. I haven't done my family rotation yet, and I'm pretty sure I'll like that, too. I did, after all, also love delivering babies, and also liked my internal medicine rotation.

What a blessing that God knows the plans he has for Jeff and me, plans to prosper us, and give us a future! I don't think I could handle this otherwise.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh my gosh Aubrey!!! You have more choices than ever entered my head!!

I think I need to start praying with more intention about yours and Jeff's future. I've been so overly involved with Dave and Hannah. And I also pray for Andrew and Melanie as well!

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The "Go" Bag