Christmas gifts, part 1.

I definitely dialed back the Christmas crafting this year, although I did still manage to make a few things.

I ordered a new pattern book, Little Things to Sew, that I have been wanting for a while. It did not disappoint. First I made a very cute messenger bag for my niece Ashlyn. I love all the details in this bag - the flaps, the use of bias tape and all the cute pockets.



And here she is, modeling her bag, as well as the infinity scarf I made. (Which might be the easiest sewing project I've ever done. 15 minutes start to finish. There are numerous tutorials out there; this one has good photos. Mine is obviously made with  a knit fabric, so I used my serger for most of it.

I will definitely be making this pattern again. It would make a great birthday gift. I also love that by using boy fabrics it could definitely work for a boy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.