New pants!

I finally managed to do a little sewing... I used the big butt baby pants pattern from Made by Rae - yet another fantastic pattern with good instructions. I did run into a little hiccup at the beginning - I managed to print out the pattern at half size, cut them out and start sewing before I realized that they were WAY too small. Mommy brain, I guess. I love how cheery these are, and the back panel makes them fit really well over the cloth diapers.
I realize these aren't the best photos, but iPhone photos are most of what I'm managing to get these days. As much as I love my big camera, it's easier to pull out my phone to use.
I also made a quick changing pad out of some laminate cotton that I got at Hancock fabric. i didn't use a pattern for this one, just cut two rectangles, put some batting in between them, and top-stitched some bias tape around the edge. Easy-peasy. And now I have a cute changing pad. Which I was very thankful for this morning when Naomi managed to pee all over me and herself while I was changing a poopy diaper at Bible study. (And I made the rookie mom mistake of not having a change of clothes in the diaper bag. Doh! Thankfully another mom bailed me out with a onesie.)
In other news, Naomi slept for 7 hours straight last night!! I'm guessing it was a fluke, but it was a wonderful one. Hopefully we're getting into a better routine - which will be good since I'm actually going to start back to work a little sooner than intended. My first shift is next friday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The "Go" Bag