Blanket

If you have been around this blog a while, you know that for the last few years I've given lots of handmade gifts. This year was a bit different, and although I would have loved to do a lot of sewn/handmade gifts, I knew it was a bad idea. I didn't want to spend the last month of pregnancy stressed about finishing gifts before the baby came. I definitely made the right decision.

Instead of handmade, we gave a lot of books, ordered from amazon and some photos. (My favorite book was the Smitten Kitchen cookbook. I also bought one for myself. I can't wait to cook from it.)

I did manage one homemade gift - a t-shirt quilt for my little brother. There are lots of great tutorials out there for how to do this, but I basically ignored them all. They mostly tell you to use interfacing to make the knit act more like a quilting fabric. Instead, I just sewed them all together with the serger and then sewed the resulting quilt top down to some fleece. No quilt sandwich for me. I bought some bias tape to use for binding. It really was a fairly easy project. It did pucker in places when I quilted it to the fleece, but just a little. I'm pretty sure my little brother doesn't care about the occasional pucker. :)

It came out pretty big, but since my brother is a big guy, that worked out well. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The "Go" Bag