Birthday Dinner.

Jeff's birthday was yesterday, which I took as an excuse to do a bunch of cooking to make him a fun birthday dinner. It really was delicious. I made these short ribs as a main dish. Short ribs are great, especially for a dinner party because you basically just stick them in the oven and then let them cook a long, long time. You can also make them ahead of time.

For my two sides, I made Ina Garten's orange-honey glazed carrots, always a favorite side. I also made braised leeks, which turned out really well, and a mushroom risotto. For some reason, I had been feeling like making risotto, and a birthday dinner is a great place to make what you feel. We topped it off with some homemade buttermilk honey bread.

For dessert, I made Jeff's favorite birthday cake.

Needless to say, at the end of the day, I was tired from all the cooking and very, very full. But it was all worth it since I love my sweet husband, and I think he had a wonderful day.

Comments

CO mom said…
I KNOW he had a wonderful day!

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The "Go" Bag